peanut butter jam drop cookies are the perfect sweet treat. with such a classic flavor combination, these cookies are both nostalgic and indulgent.
who doesn't love the peanut butter and jam combination? these cookies bring me back to my childhood and are absolutely delicious!
these aren't just your typical peanut butter cookie. they are so much more! when paired with the strawberry jam, it is a completely different experience. strawberry jam is my favorite to use but you can use any flavor that you prefer.
with these cookies being so easy to make, you get to enjoy them in less than 30 minutes!
how to swirl the jam into the cookies
first, when mixing in the jam, you want to be very careful so that it doesn't just melt into the batter. second, add the strawberry jam in various parts of the batter and just start folding!
make sure to take your time making streaks of jam throughout the batter.
last, sometimes to get some extra jam on top of the cookies i do a little trick! before i scoop the batter with a cookie scoop, i add some jam to it. this ensures the perfect amount of jam on every cookie.
frequently asked questions
creamy peanut butter is always the best. i prefer to use natural peanut butter such as teddie peanut butter because it is looser than a brand like skippy or jiff. this makes it easier to mix and combine with the other ingredients. however, skippy or jiff will also work!
the cookies are done baking when they have a slight crisp on the outside and still soft on the inside.
store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- strawberry jam cookies
- chocolate sea salt cookies
- gluten free peanut butter blossoms
- easy gluten free m&m cookies
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers.
peanut butter jam drop cookies
- ¼ cup salted butter softened
- ⅛ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 egg large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup gluten free flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ to ⅓ cup strawberry jam
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick (i prefer to use coconut oil spray)
- in a bowl, mix together your butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla extract
- once combined, add the peanut butter and flour ¼ cup at a time
- with the last ¼ cup of flour add the baking soda and mix until fully combined
- now time to add the jam! very slowly we are going to add some strawberry jam (or whatever flavor your choose). add dollops in various areas on the batter (about ½ tbsp each)
- when you have about 4-5 dollops of jam, you are going to start folding the dough to create ripples of jam
- we are going to repeat this until we have a desired amount of strawberry jam ripples all throughout the batter
- next we are going to take our cookie scooper and add about ½ tsp of jam into it. we are then going to scoop the cookie and drop it into the baking tray. this adds a little extra jam to the top of each cookie!
- repeat this process until you've baked all of the cookies. i bake 4 cookies at a time and this recipe makes a total of 8 cookies.
- bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly crisp and the center is still soft
- let cool for 20 minutes and enjoy!