this tortellini caprese salad is incredibly delicious and easy to make. while it's a fun way to spice up pasta night, it also uses simple and nutritious ingredients to create a full meal.
the dream is making a dinner that is not only delicious but easy to make too. well, i have exactly that for you! this tortellini caprese salad is simple but incredibly tasty.
thursday nights were always pasta night when i was a kid. i looked forward to it every week, no matter what the pasta was!
these days, i make pasta any night of the week and i never have any regrets.
this tortellini caprese salad is refreshing, filling and satisfying. make sure to start adding it into your dinner rotation. i promise that you won't regret it!
helpful tips for making this pasta salad
- don't overcook the tortellini - this will cause them to fall apart when mixing the pasta salad ingredients all together.
- rinse the tortellini in cold water after cooking to stop the cooking process
- when mixing all of the ingredients together, use a spatula to gently combine. this will prevent any tortellini from being mushed or filling coming out of the pasta.
frequently asked questions
truthfully, it can be either! however, this dish is meant to be a tortellini pasta salad. once the tortellini is cooked, it can be served with the fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
you technically can use any smaller-sized pasta. i wouldn't recommend ravioli unless it is a miniature size ravioli.
not necessarily! i would remove one, rinse in cold water and taste it to see if it is done.
this is great as a main meal but there are also many things that will pair well with it. garlic bread, steamed/roasted vegetables, and grilled chicken are all great options.
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. you can also store in a freezer safe container for up to 1 month!
related recipes for an easy pasta dinner
- watermelon pasta salad with feta cheese and fresh basil
- feta tomato stuffed pasta shells
- keto greek pasta salad using chickpea pasta
- pasta pesto salad with sundried tomatoes
if you try this recipe, please leave a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers.
tortellini caprese salad
- 18 oz package of tortellini i prefer to use fresh
- 7 oz fresh mozzarella balls drained
- 10 oz package of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ½ tbsp dried oregano flakes
- cook the pasta according to package instructions
- once the pasta is cooked al dente, rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process
- add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together until combined
- serve and enjoy!