this tortellini caprese salad is incredibly delicious and easy to make. while it's a fun way to spice up pasta night, it also uses simple and nutritious ingredients to create a full meal.
the dream is making a dinner that is not only delicious but easy to make too. well, i have exactly that for you! this tortellini caprese salad is simple but incredibly tasty.
thursday nights were always pasta night when i was a kid. i looked forward to it every week, no matter what the pasta was!
these days, i make pasta any night of the week and i never have any regrets.
this tortellini caprese salad is refreshing, filling and satisfying. make sure to start adding it into your dinner rotation. i promise that you won't regret it!
helpful tips for making this pasta salad
- don't overcook the tortellini - this will cause them to fall apart when mixing the pasta salad ingredients all together.
- rinse the tortellini in cold water after cooking to stop the cooking process
- when mixing all of the ingredients together, use a spatula to gently combine. this will prevent any tortellini from being mushed or filling coming out of the pasta.
- mozzarella balls
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- dried oregano
frequently asked questions
truthfully, it can be either! however, this dish is meant to be a tortellini pasta salad. once the tortellini is cooked, it can be served with the fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
you technically can use any smaller-sized pasta. i wouldn't recommend ravioli unless it is a miniature size ravioli.
not necessarily! i would remove one, rinse in cold water and taste it to see if it is done.
this is great as a main meal but there are also many things that will pair well with it. garlic bread, steamed/roasted vegetables, and grilled chicken are all great options.
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. you can also store in a freezer safe container for up to 1 month!
related recipes for an easy pasta dinner
- watermelon pasta salad with feta cheese and fresh basil
- feta tomato stuffed pasta shells
- keto greek pasta salad using chickpea pasta
- pasta pesto salad with sundried tomatoes
if you try this recipe, please leave a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers.
tortellini caprese salad
- 18 oz package of tortellini i prefer to use fresh
- 7 oz fresh mozzarella balls drained
- 10 oz package of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ½ tbsp dried oregano flakes
- cook the pasta according to package instructions
- once the pasta is cooked al dente, rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process
- add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together until combined
- serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply