this healthy no churn banana ice cream is so easy to make, healthy and delicious. you only need two simple ingredients to make this ice cream, making it the perfect treat.
i love ice cream. especially on a hot summer day! but what do i do when i don't have ice cream in my freezer? i make this no churn banana ice cream.
it is delicious, easy to make and good for you too. with just a few steps you will be scooping ice cream in no time.
the best part? you can customize this recipe to fit your own flavor preferences with mix-ins and toppings. my favorite toppings are chocolate chips and pairing it with edible cookie dough.
i add some other suggestions below but let me know in the comments what your favorite ice cream mix-ins and toppings are!
different ice cream flavor combinations
while sticking with the original flavor of banana and vanilla extract will never steer you wrong. there are so many flavor combinations and unique ingredients that you can add in! below i'll lay out a few ideas but you can let your imagination run wild.
- peanut butter (or any nut/seed/granola butter)
- cookies 'n cream
- cookie dough
- brownie bites
- fresh fruit chunks
- chocolate chips / chunks
- mint extract
- peanut butter cups, snickers, or any candy!
frequently asked questions
you don't have to! sometimes i do so that it thickens but i also eat it right after it finishes mixing in the food processor.
it would thin out the base so i would definitely make sure to freeze it before eating/serving. this will still allow it to have that thick and creamy ice cream texture.
yes! this will thicken the batter slightly (nothing wrong with that!) and add additional flavor to the base.
chocolate chips, nut butter, fresh fruit, cereal, granola, candy and anything else that your heart desires! you can treat this like your typical ice cream concoctions.
store in a freezer safe container in the freezer for up to 1 month!
related recipes using banana
- healthy pancake recipe low calorie using banana
- fluffy bakery style banana muffins
- chocolate banana protein mug cake
- frozen snickers bites using banana
- banana protein muffins
if you try this recipe, please leave a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! your ratings and reviews are incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers.
healthy no churn banana ice cream
- 4 bananas frozen
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving edible cookie dough optional
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips optional
- add the frozen bananas into a food processor or blender (both will work but i do prefer the food processor)
- add in the vanilla extract and pulse/mix until the bananas become a thick and creamy texture. this is where you will also add in any flavors of your choice.
- once all of the banana chunks are gone, you will scoop into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings!
- if you're going to eat it later, scoop the ice cream into a freezer safe container until you're ready to eat it!