these healthy snickers are easy to make and the perfect treat for when that chocolate craving hits. using clean ingredients, this better for you version will taste just as good as a classic snickers bar.
is there a better flavor combination than peanut butter and chocolate? i didn't think so.
these frozen treats are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. you have a crunch factor from the peanuts and frozen chocolate which pairs perfectly with the creamy peanut butter.
think of this recipe as a healthy snickers candy bar. using simple and clean ingredients, it is not only delicious but good for you too! being a frozen treat, it is perfect to make in the summer!
how to make these healthy snickers bites
these healthy snickers couldn't be easier to make! you start with laying the banana slices flat on a baking tray (lined with wax paper). on top of each banana slice you will add about 1 tsp of creamy peanut butter.
spread the peanut butter in an even layer to cover the entire banana slice. on top of the peanut butter add a couple peanuts. this will give the bites a nice crunch!
last, but not least, drizzle melted chocolate all over the bites. who doesn't love chocolate, right? put them into the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour and enjoy!
frequently asked questions
nope! you can use any nut butter that you'd like or have on hand.
i would say about 5-10 minutes depending on how long they've been in the freezer. i suggest taking out how many you want to eat at a time and putting the tray/container back into the freezer so they don't melt.
after the initial freeze, store flat in a sealed container that is freezer safe. you can store these for up to 1 month!
related recipes perfect for the summer!
- blackberry lemon cheesecake bites
- smores campfire cookies
- blueberry cake donuts
- low calorie brownies recipe using pumpkin puree
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my small business and your fellow readers.
healthy snickers with banana, peanut butter and chocolate
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp peanut butter per banana slice
- 3-4 peanut halves per banana slice
- ¼ cup chocolate melted
- cut the banana in slices about 1 cm thick
- line a small baking tray or flat plate with waxed paper
- place each banana slice flat on the waxed paper
- top each banana slice with 1 tsp of peanut butter
- add on 3-4 peanut pieces
- drizzle each banana slice with melted chocolate (do as much as you'd like!)
- put in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour
- remove from the freezer when you want to eat and enjoy!