gluten free lemon bread using olive oil
gluten free lemon bread is the best spring treat. it’s the perfect sweet and healthy recipe to make for breakfast, snack or sweet dessert to have at night.
spring is officially here and so is this tasty lemon bread. it’s the perfect recipe to kick of spring and couldn’t be easier to make. this lemon loaf has a secret ingredient that helps maintain its moisture. can you guess what the ingredient is?
it’s OLIVE OIL! i love to bake with olive oil for the very reason that it creates a delicious, moist texture in baked goods. the olive oil pairs perfectly with the lemon flavor.
ingredients used in this recipe
health benefits of lemons
lemons are high in both vitamin c and fiber. they are the perfect addition to any meal, even your water! in addition, lemons contain soluble pectin fiber which is know to keep you full for a longer period of time.
many people like to add lemon slices to their water, cold or hot, for an added flavor if they are trying to increase the amount of water they drink!
frequently asked questions
i don’t recommend swapping the lemon juice for lemon extract as the ratio will be off.
you can use any other granulated sugar if you don’t have monk fruit sweetener. you can replace it as a 1:1 ratio for this recipe and it won’t affect the final result.
you can substitute the olive oil for coconut oil or regular butter (softened).
yes! this recipe uses simple and clean ingredients to make this a “healthy” recipe. plus, everything is healthy in moderation and life is all about balance! so enjoy this slice of lemon bread as you please!
three things to avoid your loaf from sinking in the middle is 1) measuring the baking powder accurately, 2) make sure your baking powder is not expired and 3) fully combine the batter but do not over mix it!
related recipes that are gluten free
- protein banana muffins
- lemon pancakes using ricotta (gluten free)
- lemon olive oil cake (gluten free and vegan)
if you try this gluten free lemon bread, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business as well as to your fellow readers.
gluten free lemon bread
- 1 cup monk fruit sweetener, or granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- in a large mixing bowl, add in your wet ingredients and mix until fully combined
- add in the flour and baking powder, mix until fully combined
- line a loaf pan with parchment paper and cover with nonstick spray
- transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through
- remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing
- slice, share and enjoy!