protein chocolate mousse is the perfect healthy dessert that is also indulgent. easy to make and the perfect treat to make this summer when you're craving chocolate.
we all have those nights where we want an indulgent dessert but nothing too heavy, especially if it's hot out! this protein chocolate mousse is going to become your best friend in these scenarios. this mousse is beyond tasty, easy to make and good for you too!
a key component to making this creamy mousse is chilling the coconut cream overnight. this gives the mousse an amazing thickness and rich texture.
so make sure you have a can of chilled coconut cream on hand and let's get into it!
what makes this chocolate pudding unique?
coconut cream and protein powder. these two ingredients are the highlights of this recipe. the refrigerated coconut cream creates the most silky, creamy texture for this mousse. the protein powder sneaks in a little extra protein while adding to the rich, chocolate flavor.
benefits of cacao powder
cacao powder is not only delicious but it's good for you too! it has many nutritional benefits in addition to promoting good digestive health, reduced inflammation and lower blood pressure.
more specifically, cacao powder is an excellent source of iron, protein, magnesium, potassium, protein and fiber. so if you've ever thought about skipping on some chocolate, think again!
frequently asked questions
not at all! if you don't want to use protein powder, omit and replace with an equivalent amount of cacao powder
this recipe is vegan if you use vegan protein powder or if you omit the protein powder altogether it is naturally vegan/plant-based
yes! i suggest trying to make this first as the recipe says but once you're a pro, try mixing in some peanut butter, nuts, chocolate chips or anything your heart desires!
i tend to enjoy as is but also enjoy by adding fresh fruit or additional chocolate chips
in an airtight container for up to five days
related recipes using protein powder
- single-serving chocolate banana breakfast cake
- small batch chocolate cake
- banana protein muffins
- peanut butter and jelly overnight oats
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my business and to your fellow readers.
protein chocolate mousse using coconut cream
- 1 can coconut cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- before starting the recipe, make sure you have regridgerated the coconut cream overnight or in a bowl for 10 minutes in the freezer beforehand
- we will only be using the thick part of the coconut cream for this recipe. store the watery part in an airtight container for future use (i like to add this to smoothies)!
- add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl then use a hand mixer and beat until smooth and creamy
- serve as is or with your favorite toppings and enjoy!