this rice cake cereal is the perfect snack to munch on or topping to a bowl. not only is it easy to make, it's healthy and filled with nutritious ingredients.
i love a good granola but there's times when i want something lighter. or i want to snack on something that i can eat a lot of. and we all know the serving size of granola isn't much.
and that's why i made this recipe! the perfect snack or addition to your breakfast bowl. the best part you can eat the whole batch all at once.
i go into detail of what i use in this recipe and why i choose the rice cakes that i do!
main ingredients used in this recipe
- brown rice cakes
- pumpkin seeds
- raw almonds
ways to use this rice cake cereal
there are many ways to enjoy this rice cake cereal and i'm excited to share those with you! first, you can eat this cereal on it's own, especially if you're on the go.
another way i use this cereal is as a topping for yogurt, oatmeal or smoothie bowls.
last but definitely not least, eat it as you would a regular cereal. pour your favorite milk right on top!
frequently asked questions
i suggest using any plain rice cake. my favorite to use are the trader joe's rice cake thins (they come in a square shape) because they break apart into nice chunks and aren't too thick.
you can add any nut, seeds, dried fruits, chocolate or nut butters to incorporate into the rice cake chunks before baking.
store the cereal in a sealed ziploc bag for up to 5 days
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
healthy rice cake cereal
- 6 plain rice cakes squares see FAQ for the ones i use
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw almonds chopped
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- break the rice cakes into little pieces/chunks
- line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick. i use coconut oil spray
- add the crushed rice cakes to the pan
- pour over the pumpkin seeds, chopped almonds and cinnamon
- mix until fully combined and spread in an even layer on the pan
- drizzle honey over all the pieces (will be about 2-3 tbsp total)
- put in the oven and bake for about 20 min
- remove from the oven when the pieces have caramelized from the honey and are slightly toasted/crisp
- have on it's own, with milk or as a topping (see suggestions in FAQ section!)
Leave a Reply