my version of redneck caviar is refreshing, incredibly tasty and easy to make. paired with chips, it's the perfect snack or appetizer to bring to a gathering with your loved ones.
this recipe is perfect if you're looking for a refreshing bite. not only is it delicious but it is also incredibly healthy and good for you to eat!
cowboy caviar is made with primarily vegetables. therefore, it is filled with many nutrients and vitamins.
my spin of adding pineapple and feta cheese is what really brings this dish to the next level! keep reading to find out any tips, substitutions and how to make it.
main ingredients in this recipe
- red bell pepper - you can also use an orange or yellow bell pepper if needed
- green bell pepper - i recommend using a green bell pepper as it is less sweet.
- red onion - this should be diced small so that you don't get too big of chunks in a bite! it adds a nice, pungent flavor compared to the sweet pineapple and refreshing cucumber.
- cucumber - you can leave skin of the cucumber on (which is what i usually do) or peel the skin.
- pineapple - the sweet pineapple is what ties all of the ingredients together (my favorite part).
- feta cheese - what better ingredient to mix in than cheese? feta cheese adds the saltiness and creaminess that his recipe is missing.
- lime - adding both acidity and flavor, the lime is essential! however, you can also replace with lemon if that's what you have on hand.
what is redneck caviar?
it's the same as cowboy caviar if you've heard of that before. it's a dip, somewhat similar to a pico de gallo. it originated in texas and now we all get to enjoy it around the world!
it's made with simple, healthy ingredients to make a delicious appetizer. it's perfect to bring to a party, a family gathering or game day.
one of the best parts about this recipe is that you can customize it to your liking. you can add and take away any ingredients as you please!
how to make cowboy caviar
- clean and prep all of the ingredients as necessary
- add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl
- don't add the feta and lime juice until the end.
- mix until fully combined
- grab your favorite chips and enjoy!
frequently asked questions
yes, they are all the same!
the longest part of making this recipe is prepping all of the ingredients. you can even prep the ingredients ahead of time and then mix it all together the day you want to eat it.
incredibly healthy! it's made with whole ingredients making it healthy, nutritious and delicious.
store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. however, it is best when eaten fresh the day it is made.
i say it is best up to 3 days. however, it will be good for up to 5 days in the fridge.
did you enjoy this recipe? try these!
- this pasta pesto salad recipe is perfect when you want an easy italian meal that isn't too heavy.
- looking for a refreshing but satisfying meal? turn your favorite greek salad into a greek pasta salad. by adding the pasta you will stay full for a longer period of time.
- sweet potato, spinach and chickpea curry is the perfect recipe when you want a comforting meal. this is a necessity in the winter months. it's filling and absolutely delicious!
- pasta dishes are relatively easy to make and delicious. however, make this tortellini caprese pasta salad to switch up your typical pasta night! it's delicious, filling and takes less than 10 minutes.
- this healthy ancient grain bowl recipe is my go-to lunch. the sweet and savory flavors balance each other perfectly. in addition, the different ingredients add the perfect crunch and chewiness.
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers!
simple redneck caviar recipe
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ cucumber diced
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- ½ cup feta crumbles
- ½ lime juice only
- chips for scooping optional
- prep all of the ingredients
- add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, leaving the feta and lime juice for last
- after all of the ingredients are diced and chopped into a large mixing bowl, add the feta and lime juice
- mix again until fully combined
- grab some chips and enjoy!
I love the color and the freshness of this salad!
wow what a delicious mix of ingredients for this salad.
Thank you so much, I appreciate you and hope you enjoy!