cauliflower porridge is a delicious way to sneak some veggies in your breakfast. filled with clean and nutritious ingredients, this will keep you fueled all morning long.
cauliflower porridge is such a great way to sneak some veggies into your breakfast. and guess what? you'll barely recognize the difference!
one of my favorite parts of cauliflower oats is that the cauliflower creates a larger portion. i think it's safe to say that i'm not the only one who loves to eat more food without adding a ton of calories.
lastly, this cauliflower oats recipe is DECADENT. when you make this for yourself or your loved ones, you will feel like you're having a treat!
even though it's decadent, it's made with clean ingredients and completely nutritious to fuel your body.
ingredients used in cauliflower oats
- riced cauliflower
- steel cut oats
- cacao powder
- maple syrup
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- coconut flakes (topping)
- nut butter (topping)
frequently asked questions
yes! you can substitute rolled oats however the amount of oats needed will change. use ½ cup of rolled oats for every ¼ cup of steel cut oats
yes, oatmeal is extremely healthy and filling! of course this is also dependent on what additional ingredients you add to this recipe. the way it is written is an extremely healthy and filling recipe that will keep you fueled all morning long.
oatmeal lowers your blood sugar, contains antioxidants and promotes healthy bacteria in your gut. you can find more nutritional benefits in this article.
- pb and j overnight oats
- cinnamon raisin overnight oats
- almond joy overnight oats
- peaches and cream baked oatmeal
if you try these cauliflower oats, please consider leaving a rating and comment. not only is it extremely helpful to my business but also to other readers that want to try the recipe!
cauliflower porridge with cacao powder
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 bananas mashed
- ½ cup cauliflower rice i use trader joe's fresh but you can also use frozen or whatever you have on hand
- 1 cup steel cut oats my favorite is trader joe's because it's a great price and they have quick cooking!
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder i use hershey's brand
- 2 tbsp maple syrup natural is preferred
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- bring the almond milk to a boil in a medium saucepan
- once the water is boiling, add in the riced cauliflower
- allow the cauliflower to cook for 5 minutes, then add in the quick cooking steel cut oats and lower the heat to low
- cook the oats per the instructions on the package
- when majority of the almond milk has been absorbed, add in the mashed bananas
- next add in the cacao powder, vanilla extract and maple syrup
- stir until fully combined and let simmer on low a few minutes
- let cool slightly then make yourself a big bowl and top with your favorite toppings (my recommendations are below!)
- favorite toppings : nut butter, coconut flakes, cinnamon, nuts / seeds
- add your favorite yogurt for extra protein, my favorite is plain greek yogurt
- honey instead of maple syrup
- rolled oats instead of steel cut
- great for breakfast or a healthy dessert
- if you liked this recipe you will also like : pumpkin pie baked oatmeal and oatmeal raisin granola