this mango pico is the perfect healthy and refreshing summer snack. not only is it incredibly easy to make but it's absolutely delicious.
i'm always looking for new and fun snacks to make in the summer. specifically, snacks that will keep me cool and don't require turning on the oven or stove.
this mango pico de gallo is the perfect summer recipe. not only is it delicious but it's incredibly refreshing for a hot day.
with a little bit of a kick, your taste buds will be dancing! pair this with your favorite chips or on a salad to add extra flavor.
main ingredients in this mango pico
- red onion
- ground cayenne
health benefits of pico de gallo
pico de gallo is filled with a variety of veggies in their raw form. making this the perfect healthy snack. each ingredient has it's own health benefits and i'll lay out a few below -
- mango : low calorie, supports heart health and packed with nutrients
- red onion : full of sulfur compounds that protect the body from ulcers and various cancers
- tomatoes : great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K
- green pepper : high in iron and rich in vitamin c
- cayenne pepper : protects your heart and improves digestion
frequently asked questions
pico de gallo is made with raw, fresh ingredients to create a delicious dip. the difference between pico de gallo and salsa is that salsa ingredients are mashed.
yes! you may need two limes if they are on the smaller size to get the same amount of juice.
i would suggest pineapple or peach! both are incredibly refreshing and can be prepared the same was as the mango would be in this recipe.
eat simply with chips or add into your tacos, salads, lunch bowls or on top of quesadillas.
store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
related recipes to make this summer
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
healthy mango pico de gallo
- 1 fresh mango cubed
- 1 heirloom tomato cubed
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- cut the mango and tomato into cubes
- set aside in a large mixing bowl
- diced the red onion and green bell pepper
- add to the bowl and mix until combined
- add the juice of 1 lemon and cayenne pepper
- mix until fully combined and all ingredients are covered with the lemon juice and cayenne pepper
- grab your favorite chips, scoop and enjoy!