CAULIIIII OATS people! Can you feel my excitement for this healthy oatmeal recipe? Cauliflower Oatmeal is such a great way to sneak some veggies into your breakfast. And guess what? You’ll barely recognize the difference! One of my favorite parts of this healthy oatmeal recipe is that the cauliflower creates a bigger portion for less calories than regular oatmeal. What more could you want?! This healthy oatmeal sounds like a win-win to me.
*note : sharing a link to an article that shares all the healthy benefits of oatmeal, check it out here!
Lastly, this recipe is DECADENT, so decadent that it would be perfect to make for your loved ones this weekend, heck even during the week because there are no restrictions here.
So here you go, enjoy this breakfast and let’s feast together!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice i use trader joe's fresh but you can also use frozen or whatever you have on hand
- 1 cup steel cut oats my favorite is trader joe's because it's a great price and they have quick cooking!
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder i use hershey's brand
- 2 tbsp maple syrup natural is preferred
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- bring the almond milk to a boil in a medium saucepan
- once the water is boiling, add in the riced cauliflower
- allow the cauliflower to cook for 5 minutes, then add in the quick cooking steel cut oats and lower the heat to low
- cook the oats per the instructions on the package
- when majority of the almond milk has been absorbed, add in the mashed bananas
- next add in the cacao powder, vanilla extract and maple syrup
- stir until fully combined and let simmer on low a few minutes
- let cool slightly then make yourself a big bowl and top with your favorite toppings (my recommendations are below!)
- favorite toppings : nut butter, coconut flakes, cinnamon, nuts / seeds
- add your favorite yogurt for extra protein, my favorite is plain greek yogurt
- honey instead of maple syrup
- rolled oats instead of steel cut
- great for breakfast or a healthy dessert
- if you liked this recipe you will also like : pumpkin pie baked oatmeal and oatmeal raisin granola
I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this healthy oatmeal filled with delicious flavors + some veggies! My favorite is to have it for breakfast as it’s great to make in the beginning of the week or on the weekend to have on hand. However, I also like to enjoy it for dessert because it keeps me satisfied while still eating something sweet!
Don’t forget to leave a review + any feedback you may have and as always, share your recreations with me via e-mail or on instagram (@feastytravels).